Whether you have a will or a trust, estate planning is really about taking care of the people and causes you care about most. We work closely with our clients and their attorneys and tax professionals to create an estate plan that minimizes estate taxes and income taxes, protects assets, takes care of heirs and maximizes charitable impact.
For wealthy families, estate planning is not just preparing the money for the family. It’s also about preparing the family for the money.
Key estate planning issues we address:
- Helping clients identify estate planning goals
- Taking inventory of existing estate planning documents – wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney and healthcare directives – and comparing those documents to the client’s stated wishes
- Consultation with client’s current estate planning attorney or referral to a suitable attorney to make necessary changes
- Review of all beneficiary designations – on retirement plans, insurance policies, annuities, etc. – to ensure that they are up to date and in harmony with the client’s current wishes and estate plan
- Strategic use of beneficiary designations to achieve client’s charitable goals in a tax-efficient manner
Learn from our advisors.